I actually think this is hot, but still…
Yes. This is Duela Dent and she did a damn good job on this costume if you would know the character. Who’s the moron that started this nonsense post?
“trying too hard” for fucking what? who’s the goddamn COSPLAY police or the jury that grades all the cosplays? I am putting aside that whoever made this meme post fails so hard because they (I assume it’s a he, call it a hunch) don’t even know the actual character that took place in publications, but let’s say she really was a steampunk genderswap Joker with a Willy Wonka hat…
Her outfit looks marvelous, and she looks beautiful, and the crafting is amazing and masterful, colors are so well done, and I don’t think the OP would be capable of crafting themselves ANY cosplay attire that does not consist of paper towel role tubes and watercolor painted cardboard boxes.
“Trying too hard” fuck you. You are trying too fucking hard to insult people better than you are.
So in case the creator of this Image Macro still hasn’t realized how wrong they were, this is Ame-Comi Duela Dent:
She’s fucking spot on.
You got told.
do you ever get so bored that you mentally create a verbal fight with you and somebody else and you get so into it and intense and angry about it and you suddenly realize it’s a fight you made up and you need to seriously lie down and relax
in the 1940s the word “boner” used to mean “huge mistake” and it still pretty much means that
how the fuck would you know that
because i know things
i read these to my dad and he literally fell off his chair laughing and is now purple in the face
Okay so you know these glasses right?
I was in class and I put them on. And, being the dramatic smartass I am I turned to my friend and said, with the most conviction I could muster, “Behold- I am now ten times funnier.”
And she looked at me- looked at me dead in the eyes- and said very seriously:
“Ten times zero… is still zero”
Your friend just went up all the levels
Why am I laughing so hard at this I don’t understand.
OH HEY this is a great article from Adam Lee that explains the pun I took my name from and the basic philosophy behind how I think censorship should work.
Because so many people remain woefully ignorant of this fact.
And not everywhere in the world guarantees a right to free speech anyway.
Demanding civil rights and just treatment for People of Color has always been about exposing the truth of racial disparities and demanding justice— not about making sure white people’s feelings don’t hurt and white people don’t feel uncomfortable about the reality of racism.
You should feel uncomfortable about the actual racism enough to do something to fix it, not complain about how we tell you about it!
There is a difference in hurting someone’s feelings (“Oh I don’t like your hair”) and treating people like shit because of the color of their skin (“Pardon me while I remind you how shitty of a person you are, how subhuman and less deserving of common fucking courtesy you are because of your white skin”). Is there a system of oppression? Yes. Do we need to continue making progress (because that’s another thing we like to ignore—that progress has been fucking made) toward equality? Yes.
Does the color of anyone’s skin give them the right to be a goddamn douchebag? No. Not white people, not black people, not Native Americans of all tribes, not Japanese nor Chinese nor Korean nor Britsh nor Irish nor African American.
You are not allowed to be a fucking prick to people just because they look different from you, you goddamn hypocrites. And I’m not “tone policing” you by saying that you don’t get to let loose from the rules of common fucking manners just because your skin is a particular hue. Fuck you very much for pretending it does.
A. Wrong and literally no one tells white people they’re subhuman for their race, while people of color are told they’re subhuman and treated as subhuman every day for their race at the expense of white people being treated as superior humans… so don’t pretend you live in a world where white people are degraded and “told they’re subhuman” subliminally or directly especially not in any comparison to the way Brown people are..
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
I actually changed my mind, I’m adding more
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a GANG SIGN
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
B. No one cares stop fulfilling the post and valuing white people’s feelings more than people of colors’ lives
C. Yes, telling an oppressed group they’re “NOT ALLOWED TO” talk about oppression the way they want to literally is tone policing lmao.. are you stupid?
No one cares what you’re saying though because you’re wrong
D. When have you studied racism or racial disparity, link me to your degree or what books you’ve educated yourself with.
Link me. Show me when you’ve studied racism and how.
Black Panther Reverend Annie Chambers Interview
Trigger Warning: Rape, violence, racism, abuse
This is an interview we did with Reverend Annie Chambers back in 2012 about being a black panther, about her political development, personal tragedies and experiences in the racist United States.
We’re going to start uploading various interviews & videos from actions onto our Youtube Channel, so subscribe if you’re interested.
We hardly prompted her with any questions. We just let her talk & she had so much to say.
- Almost immediately, she begins talking about the Virginia State Supreme Court justice who raped her.
- At about 10 minutes in she talks about how that experience fostered hate toward white people & how she overcame that hate.
- At about 20 minutes in she begins talking about her grandsons who were murdered by the police, one accidentally because he looked like the other. She goes on to talk about various police harassment she has experienced.
- At about 30 minutes in she mentions that (from her 25 children) she has 180 grandchildren, 82 great grandchildren, and 26 great-great-grandchildren.
- At 33 minutes in she mentions various racist incidents of police murder in their community.
- At about 37 minutes in she begins talking about her experiences as a Panther & some strategies they utilized.
- At 40 minutes in she talks about the FALSIFIED charges against Panther leader Eddie Conway.
- 43 minutes in she starts talking about human unity against imperialism & crisis & the beginning of global revolution.
This woman is incredible. If you have a few minutes, watch the video, learn about the horrid tactics of the Baltimore PD & the remarkable life of Reverend Annie Chambers.